The best and worst of slip-ups and trip-ups for your reading pleasure.

November 1, 2009

Totally Trippy

Ever since I arrived at Ohio University a little over two years ago, I have grown terribly clumsy.

That, or this campus just contains an unreasonable amount of trippy spots. And I tend to blame my frequent falls on the latter.

My high school building contained a lot of old carpeting. Cut it some slack; it was built a while ago and was pretty outdated when I was a student there. Anyway, all of the students used to trip over the carpet all the time. ALL THE TIME. It happened so often that students and faculty used to make jokes about “Carpet Monsters” that lived in our floor.

Why don’t we do that in Athens? Couldn’t there be Brick Monsters?

The other day, I started thinking about the title of this blog. I realized that I wanted to point out the inspiration behind the title and subject. So, I thought about all of the places where I have brick tripped in Athens and been a victim of several embarrassing slip-ups myself.

After thinking about it, I walked around a snapped a few photos of my favorite (and least favorite) spots and mapped them out for your pleasure and safety.

Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to get the map to zoom in any more. Just zoom in until you can see all ten markers, and click on each one to learn a little bit more about each spot. Here goes:


View Trippiest Athens Spots in a larger map

So, be warned about these dangerous (and hilarious) Athens spots. And watch your step, because you never know when those Brick Monsters will get you.

Until next time, cheers!

3 comments:

  1. Courtney-
    Like you I feel like Athens has brought out my inner clutz. Playing sports all throughout my life, I tend to think of myself as fairly athletic and relatively fleet of foot, but your "brick monsters" have made me a victim. It's kind of funny how each one of your spots has caused a stubbed foot or a trip. I did like the street sign look, though. Clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your map!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha-ha!! Great post!

    That loose brick beyond college gate ALWAYS gets me. It's like, I know it's there, but I also think it knows I'm coming and shifts ever so slightly. The jerk!

    Cassie

    ReplyDelete