The best and worst of slip-ups and trip-ups for your reading pleasure.

October 10, 2009

It’s Gettin’ Hot in Here…

so take off all your clothes so get that Tabasco sauce out of your vagina!

No, seriously. Yes, that is really what I mean.

Campus has been abuzz with sidewalk chatter regarding the following letter, written by a girl who has chosen to refer to herself as “Unsure” (indeed), which was sent in to the sex column for The Post:

My boyfriend wants to ‘spice’ things up a bit and try eating hot sauce out of my vagina. Is this safe for me?

 

                        Thanks,

                                    Unsure

The letter and response were published on the Web site for The Post late at night Wednesday, October 7, and they were published in the paper Thursday, October 8. Kudos to columnist Mallory Long for handling this submission in a professional manner. I, however, will venture to say what everyone else is thinking:

WHAT THE *&$%??????

Here's an appropriate image I found at http://www.pissclear.org/ImageGalleries/fakeads/:


 

For as many years as I’ve been a “Sex and the City” fan, I have not seen the likes of this.

On the other hand, if this submission was meant to be a joke, I’m frankly ashamed that a town so heavily supportive of all types of journalism (including sex columns) would house a person who isn’t taking The Post’s venture into touchy territory seriously. Which could potentially mean that I actually agree with the notorious Ashley Herzog (see her comments below Long’s article) for the first time in my life:

“Posted: Thursday, October 08, 2009

Article comment by: Ashley Herzog

 

This is laughable. (In an embarassing way, not a funny way.) Pretty sure some idiot sent this question in as a joke.

 

The editor should be embarassed that this ran in the paper. Then again, when the Culture Editor had her own column, it consisted of her deep thoughts on Juicy Campus.

 

However, I only admit to agreeing with Herzog’s bottom comment, not the one on top:

“Posted: Thursday, October 08, 2009

Article comment by: Ashley Herzog

 

Also, just wait til a future employer finds this. ‘Uh ma'am, we see you wrote a column about some dude eating hot sauce out of his girlfriend's vagina...’ That's one step below putting ‘exotic dancer’ on your professional resume.

 

Really Ashley? Comparing sex columnists to exotic dancers? Tisk tisk.

PLEASE don’t get me wrong. I am in total support of the sexually gutsy and am all for “spicing things up.” Sans the actual spice.

Here’s a healthy alternative: Take a trip to Athens’ own Passionate Kisses. They have a stimulating (pun intended) selection of adventurous sexual playthings. Then you’d be supporting local businesses (yay!) AND you can be sure you’ve got safe products in your hands.

If you ask me, a bit of easy research would have answered Unsure’s question. Then maybe she wouldn’t have had to expose that question to the entire population of The Post’s readers and waste a few inches (again, pun intended) of good sex column.

Then again, what do I know? Here I am, in on a Friday evening, blogging nonetheless. Doesn’t get much more nerdy than that.

However, my friend Emilee has a GREAT sex blog that I highly recommend!

But take it from this Plain Jane, there are PLENTY of ways to be sexually explorative without the burn! (Why do my closing few words sound like an advertisement for Preparation H or a really good alcohol chaser? And how did I find a way to categorize those two items?

Until next time, cheers!

1 comment:

  1. I laughed out loud when I read this. How interesting. I agree with your assessment of Herzog, however. However much I respect her opinion and articulate manner of response and review, I find it hard to agree with her very often. Sex columnists and exotic dancers? Really?

    ReplyDelete